A holistic approach to slowing down the aging process. Come see our specialists.
Poor nutrition, environmental toxins, chronic stress, and lack of physical activity all contribute to premature aging. Symptoms of premature aging include loss of skin elasticity, weight gain, skin problems, fatigue and illness. Learning how to manage your lifestyle is key to slowing the aging process and retaining youth. A healthy diet – high in vitamins, minerals, enzymes, phytochemicals, antioxidants, essential fatty acids, fibre and amino acids – along with proper sleep, exercise and stress management techniques, are all necessary for retaining youth and slowing the aging process.
- Always eat whole, natural and unprocessed foods
- Eat a wide variety of vegetables (raw and steamed/stir-fried) and fruits (raw)
- Eat moderate amounts of raw nuts and seeds, whole grains, lean dairy (all-natural or low-fat plain yogurt) and baked, steamed or stir-fried proteins such as tempeh, fish, tofu, lean meat and poultry
- Replace coffee and alcohol with plenty of filtered water, herbal tea and organic green tea
- Avoid refined carbohydrates (sugar, white flour, corn syrup)
- Eliminate artificial sweeteners and trans fats (Aspartame, sucralose, hydrogenated oil, margarine, shortening)
- Eat in a relaxing environment, and avoid eating when upset, angry or stressed
- Practice meditation, prayer, yoga, progressive relaxation, self-hypnosis and/or deep breathing
- Sleep in a completely dark, well-ventilated room for at least eight hours each night
- Play. If competitive sports stress you out, try walking, jogging, swimming, hiking, or practicing yoga or tai chi
Physical medicine encompasses a variety of hands-on techniques including massage, exercise and bath therapies. Physical therapies slow the aging process, boost metabolism, build immunity and support detoxification.
Even if you eat well, your body might not be absorbing the vitamins and minerals it needs to fight the aging process. IV therapy boosts the antioxidant vitamin and mineral levels in your body much more effectively than oral supplements. You can choose from a variety of IV cocktails, each designed to help your body repair damage, prevent aging, and recover its youthful vigor.
Naturopathic doctors use herbs from Europe, the Americas, China and India to prevent and alleviate illness. Herbs help slow the aging process in two ways:
- Herbs nourish the body with the vitamins, minerals, enzymes, fatty acids, phytochemicals and antioxidants that are essential to preserving youth.
- Herbs help the body eliminate built-up toxins that promote aging and disease.
Acupuncture & Asian Medicine
Traditional Asian medicine includes acupuncture, acupressure and Asian herbs and foods. By rebalancing your energy flow, or Qi (pronounced ‘chi’), traditional Asian medicine can help reduce your stress levels and preserve your body’s youthful health and vitality.
Facial Rejuvenation & Cosmetic Acupuncture
Cosmetic acupuncture is a particularly effective method of treating the visible signs of facial aging. Facial rejuvenation using acupuncture treats conditions such as acne, age spots, sagging skin, wrinkles, scars, double chins, and under-eye dark circles and bags. Cosmetic acupuncture can help you look and feel better while helping you avoid costly, painful and invasive surgery.
Using diluted doses of natural substances, homeopathic medicine can be used to promote detoxification and reduce stress, both of which contribute to aging. Homeopathic remedies can increase vitality by gently rebalancing your body and mind.
Our team of health professionals at pureBalance Wellness Centre can help you achieve your Anti-Aging goals. Each treatment plan will be individualized and is subject to different rates.
Book a FREE 15 minute consultation with our trained professionals, Contact us or call 905-891-3865
106 Lakeshore Road East, Unit C, Mississauga, Ontario, Canada L5G 1E3